Beans with Spinach (Lubya b' Selk)
As children we called it the "green" beans (lubya hedra) to differentiate it from a similar dish made with a tomato base.
- 2 bunches of fresh spinach (use only the green)
- olive oil
|(Prepared by Malka Romano)|
- white beans (one palm full per person)
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 6 green onions (use only the green part)
- 1 head of garlic
- two shakes of turmeric
- black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- meat (1/4 lb. per person)
- water (just enough to cover all ingredients)
- Wash spinach thoroughly, drain. Saute in hot oil. Let cool, grind it in the processor.
- Add the following ingredients:
Cilantro, washed, drained and chopped.
Green onions, cleaned and chopped.
Beans, washed and drained.
Water to cover all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer about two hours depending on the size of the beans.